Provides an individually tailored, flexible approach for people living with the effects of an acquired brain injury within their own community. Participants involved in Individualized Rehabilitation Planning may have focus areas such as:
- Activities of Daily Living
- Vocational Services: Job Site Visits, Job Demands Analysis, Graduated Return to Work Planning and Graduated Return to work Monitoring, Job Coaching
- Work Hardening
- Workplace Accommodations
- Life Skills / Social Skills
- A vocational Activities
- Behavioural Issues
- Community Re-integration
- Maintaining independent living skills
- Decrease their dependency on family
- Increase their self-confidence, self-esteem and quality of life
- Increase their community involvement
- Progress towards achieving new goals
Visits are prescheduled on an hourly basis and are designed to address any needs a participant may have. Staffing patterns can change over time, as determined by the individual’s needs. Some individuals require this service for many years, or on a lifelong basis, other participants may use Active Rehabilitation Support Services on a limited basis.
Our rehabilitation consultants accompany participants on community recreational outings, and can support attendance at educational, volunteer, or vocational placements.
Caregivers can benefit from the respite this program provides and individuals who need help to maintain, or recover gains made during rehabilitation programs are also welcome to participate.