Jessica Thatcher CCW, RRP, CVP, RVP, CCDP
Fluent in English and French, Jessica brings over 20 years of service delivery experience as a Rehabilitation Specialist. She is known for her practical, focused approach to rehabilitation, providing community based assessments, and long-term support services, and vocational rehabilitation. She uses a variety of conversational techniques to connect with her clients on a personal and individual level.
Jessica has worked with individuals diagnosed with musculoskeletal, orthopedic, catastrophic injuries, chronic pain, mental health issues, brain injuries and a variety of other disabling conditions. Over the years, she has found it extremely rewarding to have helped so many people with injuries, disabilities, and other barriers move forward to successful outcomes.
- Registered Rehabilitation Professional- Vocational Rehabilitation Association of Canada, since 1999
- Certified Vocational Professional – College of Vocational Rehabilitation Professionals
- Certified Career Development Professional – BC Career Development Association
- Registered Vocational Professional – Canadian Assessment, Vocational Evaluation & Work Adjustment Society
- Three year Child and Youth Care – Algonquin College – Social Work Associate in Applied Science
- Certified in Non-Violent Crisis Intervention
- Motivational Interviewing Level 1
- Mental Health Worker Certification
- Ambassador with the Nanaimo Chamber of Commerce since 2009
Karen Cross MA Disability Mgmt, BSW, CVRP, RRP
Vocational Rehabilitation Consultant / Disability Management Professional
- Karen Cross is an independent contractor who brings with her a solid background in vocational rehabilitation, disability management, career development, and return-to-work processes. Her advanced communication skills are valuable for professional collaboration, plan development, negotiation, and solution identification. Specializing in disability management, Karen has successfully supported individuals from diverse backgrounds in the areas of vocational rehabilitation and career counselling for over 15 years. She has a Master of Arts in Disability Management, Bachelor of Social Work, and holds professional credentials as a Certified Vocational Rehabilitation Professional (CVRP) and Registered Rehabilitation Professional (RRP).
Carrie Gauthier BA Human Services, BSc Psychology, CCDP
Vocational Rehabilitation Consultant / Career Development Professional
- Carrie Gauthier offers 3 decades of experience in the Vocational Rehabilitation and Career Development Profession. During her rich and rewarding career she has had the opportunity to provide front line serves to a diverse group of job seeking clients, Carrie’s expertise ranges from job placement, vocational testing, transferrable skills analysis, and delivery of various career development programs in a classroom setting. She is a Certified Level 1 Personality Dimensions and True Colors Trainer. Her passion is working with clients with disabilities and those with multiple barriers to employment. She is a Certified Career Development Practitioner (CCDP) and has a Bachelor of Arts in Human Services and a Bachelor of Science in Psychology.